Hello wellness friends. So many thoughts, and not enough time or motivation to blog this week. Where do I begin?
Let’s start with the weekly weigh-in. It’s been a roller coaster week – lots of good food choices, but too many bad ones mixed in there too. Several of you have noted your waning motivation as we get further from the New Years excitement. I’m right there with you! I’m so ready for winter to be over, and frankly, I don’t want to work out or eat produce. Instead I want to hibernate, curl up under a blanket and eat comfort food. So I fully expected that my weight would stay flat this week. So I was pleasantly surprised to come in 3 pounds down from last week. Hooray! Definitely the motivation I needed to keep the focus and not get down on myself for eating a few girl scout cookies.
Starting Weight: 137 pounds (December 30, 2012)
Current Weight: 133 pounds (January 25, 2012)
My Goal: 125 pounds
Deadline: April 1, 2013
Next topic, body image. And I mean that literally – as in mirrors that distort your image. Does anyone else find it strange that in one mirror you think, “Dang, I’m sexy!”, and in another, it’s “OMG, I’m like a hippopotamus stuffed into spandex!” ??? For some strange reason (lighting maybe?) my gym makes me feel that way. I try to just avoid looking into the millions of mirrors, but sometimes it’s accidental, and basically I feel like the hippo below. I can’t wait for our company gym to open next month… and please let there be better mirrors and lighting!!
Today’s Menu & Exercise Plan
- Workout (6:30 am)- 10 minute speed workout, pushups, jumping jacks, squats minutes yoga
- Breakfast (7:30 am) – Green monster smoothie (see recipe link for details)
- Snack (10:00 am) – Pecan NutThins, 1/2 apple, 1/2 orange, GNC Pump Fuel (1/2 packet mixed with water)
- Workout (12:30 pm) – 40 minutes on treadmill, alternating fast run and fast walk; 10 minutes on bike
- Lunch (2 pm) – Avocado wrap: 1/2 avocado, small corn tortilla, black beans, lime juice. … and 2 Girl Scout cookies!
- Dinner (6:30 pm) – Tortellini with red sauce and ground bison. Homemade S’mores ice cream.
For those that have been checking in, thank you! Keep up the good work and don’t lose faith! I hope my little cartoons help you laugh away your worries. Remember that this is a long journey, not a quick fix. Have a wonderful weekend!!